Thursday, May 25, 2017

My Dog ate my Homework

Teacher my dog ate my homework


I'm a big believer in insurance.  Especially when it comes to LIFE Insurance.  I love talking about it, explaining it, learning about it and selling it!

If you like it you better put a ring on it...


Being in the industry, I know jewelry should be insured on a separate policy.  I don't have lots of Jewelry,  but every piece has a special meaning.  I've been married 23 years...Many memories. Some great, others so so.  Every piece reminds of the occasion and the life we've built.

Just another Blog


If I haven't bored you, and you're still reading, it may seem like just another blog, but keep reading, it gets a little better.  Tuesday morning I went to 711 before work, got a  cup of crumbcake coffee.  Yummy! This was a special treat.  I usually drink Keurig at the office.  After a long day at work, on my way home I stopped at Meat Farms for a quick food shopping.  Get the picture... a normal day.  When I got home, I glanced at my hand and my Diamond Anniversary band was gone.  In a fraction of a second, I was filled with an overwhelming sense of  loss, panic and despair.  You'll never understand the felling until you've experienced it.  I looked for my ring for hours, I drove back to Meat Farms, I called 711.  I tried thinking back to where I could have lost it, retraced my steps.  And cried.  I knew in my heart the ring was gone. Still, the next day, I looked in the parking lot at work,  in the office, through my trash. In the recycling bin.  I just knew it was gone.  Thankfully for me, this story has a happy ending.  This morning, while I was packing my lunch for work, my dog Meeko was playing with the ring on the floor.  I don't know how I lost it, and I don't know how my dog got a hold of it.  It's a miracle.  I can't wrap my head around it.  I'm just happy to have it back.

I told you so


The moral of this story is I should have insured the ring on a separate policy.  Yes jewelry is covered under my Homeowners policy.  But there's limitations, and I have a $3000 deductible.  I'm in the industry, I know this. Anyway, I would never have filed a Homeowners claim for lost Jewelry.  Yet I never got a Personal Articles Policy.  It's separate protection just for your valuables. With a low or no deductible.  An affordable peace of mind to have coverage on your valuables.  Depending on how much Jewelry you have, it's probably about $100 for the year.

Teacher I learned my lesson


I made an appointment to have my jewlery appraised and I'm writing my own Personal Articles Policy.  I know it's easy.  I just need to show the appraisal and pictures.  I'll have insurance and peace of mind.  I never want to have that helpless, sad sense of loss.  And I'm telling this story to every customer that buys Homeowners Insurance.  A simple, inexpensive way to insure your jewlery.

[Hugs]

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment