Friday, August 31, 2018

Bon Voyage Charlie Brown

Was Snoopy in a car seat 


Property

We view our pets as part of the family but many  insurance companies view them as our property.
Pet insurance is becoming more widespread among car insurance providers.  If your dog was injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault, the other driver’s auto insurance might cover your pet’s vet bill with its property damage liability coverage.

Risk 


AAA estimates that 80% of drivers have driven with their pets in the car but only 17% of those use a pet restraint while driving.  Writing this blog helps me realize I’m one of those 17% drivers.  I’ve put myself and my dogs in danger.  I guess I’ve been a bad dog mommy, but I promise to change.  If your pet is wandering while you’re driving,  you’ll probably be distracted.  Either they’re scratching the seats, crying or barking.  Your attention is going to be drawn away from the road.  AAA says a driver distracted by a pet can be just as dangerous as texting or talking on the phone while driving. 


Car Seats



Even fender benders can cause a dog to be knocked around inside the car, leading to injuries or death.  Some states have laws that require pets to be in a restraint or a carrier in the car.  When using a carrier, it's important that it is secured properly, so that it doesn't fly around during a collision.  You need the right size crate.  If your crate is too large, your pet will get bounced around during the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment